I was asked today what and who coaching was for. It’s a great question and one I haven’t really covered on my main website. So here goes:
This is not an exhaustive list but here are some of the issues people come to me with:
- I’ve promoted to line manage people for the first time and don’t know how to do it
- My boss is an idiot – how do I cope with him?
- I need to be more persuasive
- I feel overwhelmed by my work
- I think I need to change career
- I am really unhappy at work and don’t know why
- I think I waste a lot of my time at work
- I can’t make decisions
- My decisions are often bad ones
- My team isn’t working together very well
- I have a very difficult person to manage
- I need to make some changes at work
- How can I be more efficient
I won’t give you an answer right away – really good coaches don’t. I can offer advice and ideas. But the main thing I do is to help you find the solutions yourself. Every time I have coached, it has worked. People find answers, techniques, changes, styles within themselves. What I do is help people find them.
If you have challenges like these, why not get in touch using this form?